Chef de Cuisine
Job title: Chef de Cuisine
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Section Head
Responsible for the culinary operation of outlet. Responsible for all food production, develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise, mentor and motivate staff. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Monitor and Oversee Financial Management of the Department
- Strategic/Business Plan development, updating and monitoring;
- Ensures development of annual budget and cost management, within the context of Food & Beverage-Kitchen operation.
Manage the Staff
- Ensures appropriate staffing consistent with needs and within the constraints of the organization’s physical and financial resources;
- Recruits, selects, orients and develops staff to meet standard performance;
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates the Food & Beverage-Kitchen Operation’s work plan; assign projects and programmatic responsibilities; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems.
Develop, Plan and Deliver Programs and Services
- Supervises the work of the kitchen staff on a specific shift to ensure food preparation, organization and presentation standards are followed;
- Ensures that kitchen equipment is in proper working order and issues maintenance orders for its repair;
- Trains staff in accordance with planned training programs and corrects production errors/methods as found necessary;
- Maintains waste at a minimum and determines that portion control is followed to ensure that the required food cost percentage is obtained;
- Initiates and participates in creative selling, merchandising, decoration and presentation ideas
- Liaises with the Stewarding Chief to ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen, its fixtures and equipment;
- Ensures that all culinary products are visually attractive and eye appealing by checking and testing on regular basis and prepared in an appetizing manner. Also must ensure all menu items are in strict adherence to the authentic specialty cuisine of the outlet;
- Ensures that portion control policy/standard plating instructions are adhered to business need;
- Participates in preparing and maintaining recipe file;
- Conducts “On The Job” training as appropriate;
- Participates in menu planning. Coaches’ employees in the kitchen the clear as you go method of working;
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned;
- Participates personally in cooking and supervising the preparation/pick-up of dishes;
- Assists in other areas of the operation when required.
- High School graduate or equivalent education required
- Able to communicate in English
- At least 5-8 years working experiences related to the job, preferably in the luxury resort sector
- Computer literate
This position may require extended working hours and may include evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Any person(s) nominated by management.
|How to apply|
Please submit CV, highlighting job position to email@example.com.
Recruitment – Human Resources Department
Samdech Techo Hun Sen Park, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.