Head of Clinical Services
Department: Group Human Resources
Reports to: Managing Director, Group Human Resources
The Head of Clinical Services will be responsible for the development and leadership of all nursing, clinical, complex care provision, employee experience and the registered nursing workforce across the organisation.
Working alongside with our experienced Medical Directors and Nurses, will aid in the organisation of clinical strategies and models of care ensuring the delivery of high quality, patient focussed, safe and effective care which meets the highest clinical standards and outcomes. Ensuring that our patients receive excellent clinical outcomes and have high patient satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
Monitor and Oversee Financial Management of the Department
- Ensures development of annual budget and cost management, within the context of clinic function.
Manage the Staff
- Helps to recruit, select, orient and develop doctors/nurses to meet standard performance;
- Helps to organize, direct, and coordinate the clinic function’s work plan; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems.
Develop, Plan and Deliver Programs and Services
- Liaises with healthcare professionals including NagaWorld’s panel clinics and patients about treatment plans;
- Oversees clinic operations and staff on duties;
- Keeps medical professionals informed about healthcare administered at the clinic;
- Provides personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development;
- Manages the clinic’s budget, billing system, clinic equipment and inventory;
- Oversees the purchase, maintenance, and repair of clinic equipment;
- Developes SOP and procedures to deliver optimal patient care;
- Manages communications with internal and external stakeholders;
- Devises strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth;
- Plans and oversees all patient care or administrative operations and programs;
- Evaluates performance and disciplines employees when necessary;
- Advise patients with regards to Company’s in-house clinic rules and policies;
- Monitors compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, health services administration, or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in related fields;
- Experienced in managing a healthcare facility or clinical services;
- Ability to supervise and motivate Doctors, nurses clinic staff to perform their duties efficiently;
- Exceptional organizational skills to ensure that quality services are provided;
- Knowledge of procuring supplies, equipment, and staff needed at the clinic;
- Proficiency in managing budgets, billing, and negotiating with suppliers and vendors;
- Competency with computer-based healthcare administration system(s);
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for liaising with patients, healthcare providers, and specialists, as well as the public;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to speak, read and write good command of English and Mandarin is an advantage.
This position may require extended working hours and may include evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Any person(s) nominated by management.
How to apply
Please submit CV, highlighting job position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Talent Acquisition – Group Human Resources
Samdech Techo Hun Sen Park, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.